Is Rectal Bleeding During Pregnancy Normal?
Experiencing bleeding anytime during pregnancy can be alarming and may cause panic. You need to check whether the bleeding is rectal or vaginal. Vaginal bleeding is considered serious. Many people wonder is rectal bleeding during pregnancy normal? Yes, rectal bleeding is considered quite normal during pregnancy. Is commonly experienced by many pregnant women. Yet, there are some serious causes of rectal bleeding which can be life-threatening. Should be treated as soon as possible.
Is Rectal Bleeding Normal During Pregnancy?
Virtualization has evolved as a widely deployed technology that liberalizes the enterprises to enhance server capacity, systematize operations, and augment agility and facility while realizing the benefits of cost-saving simultaneously. As the companies are facing for reaping the benefits of virtualization, there is also a wide range of security benefits of virtualization, including easier disaster recovery, business continuity, role-based access and a lot more.
Let's have a closer look at the term server virtualization:
What are server computers? These are the powerful machines that host files as well as applications on the network of computers. These computers are very significant to business and companies as they carry a lot of information and processes, which are of supreme importance to their operations. The administrators of a computer network usually dedicate a single server for a particular task or application. This is needed as most of these applications are not compatible with this approach, though. As the company or business elevates on the graph of expansion, similar is the trend followed by the network of computers. This implies towards more servers, more power and space consumption, and also more expenses.
Server virtualization attempts to refer such issues. By using specifically designed software, an administrator can convert one physical server into numerous virtual machines. Each virtual server serves a role of different physical hardware that is capable of running its application or task. Theoretically, you can run enough virtual server for utilizing all of the machine's processing power, even though it is advised to so.
Numerous reasons make companies invest their funds on virtualization. Some of these reasons may be financially motivated while others are focused on technical concerns. Some of the reasons that convince institutions for switching to virtualization:
Virtual servers are also referred...
Usually rectal bleeding isn't considered serious during pregnancy. it's important to find out the causes, as it can create a lot of discomfort and pain for the mother-to-be. The bleeding may be observed in the last trimester. After delivering the baby. In some women it may also be observed in the early stages of pregnancy. The following are two major causes of rectal bleeding.
- Hemorrhoids is considered very common during pregnancy. it's caused due to the increased weight and levels of progesterone. it's also called piles. Hemorrhoids are enlarged blood vessels which are of the size of raisin and can be even as big as grapes. They're tender to touch and have a thick lumpy form. They're usually observed in the rectal area and get worse due to hard or irritating stool, constipation, wiping or friction. This may lead to bleeding and pain. Its symptoms may consists of itching, pain, burning sensation and bleeding.
- 1 out of 100 women will experience rectal bleeding due to anal fissures. They're cracks on the anal skin which bleed and can be very painful. These cracks are caused by passing hard stools at the time of constipation. The skin may heal but can get cracked again due to hard bowel movement. The woman may observe sharp cutting pain while passing stool. Can even sometimes observe blood in the stool.
By the above given causes you can find out that rectal bleeding can be normal. In very rare cases, rectal bleeding can also be caused due to polyps or colon cancer. This is found in 1 out of 100,000 pregnant women. Can be life-threatening. So, whenever you observe rectal bleeding make sure the bleeding is from outside and not from inside the rectum. Hence, it's better to consult a doctor to find out the exact reason behind rectal bleeding.
Treatment for Rectal Bleeding During Pregnancy
Once you get to know that the blood you're observing is from the rectal area and not from the vagina you can relax and follow the treatments available. Though this type of bleeding is common, you need to get it treated so as to avoid discomfort and pain. As we've seen that hemorrhoids and anal fissures are related to constipation, hence the first thing to do is to get the constipation treated. Following are some of the treatments on how to stop rectal bleeding.
- Water is the best way to get rid of this problem. Water makes the bowel movement easier and hence protects the rectal skin from anal fissures and hemorrhoids.
- Exercises like kegel exercises which are used to strengthen the anal and vaginal muscles can also be of great help. They increase the blood flow in the rectal area and help in overcoming the problem of hemorrhoids. Pelvic exercises can also be helpful.
- Increase the consumption of fibrous foods like cereals, whole-grain breads, fruits and vegetables. It'll result in smooth bowel movement.
- Don't ignore nature’s call in case of bowel movement and urination as a delay may result in the hardening of stool which can be a cause of rectal bleeding.
- Use white, unscented and soft toilet tissues for wiping, as the skin becomes tender due to bleeding. Moistened tissues can be more comfortable.
- Iron supplements may also be responsible for rectal bleeding. Hence, consult your doctor if such is the case.
- You can use cold compress like ice packs to relieve the pain and burning sensation.
- Warm water bath may also be helpful in relieving pain and itching.
If you're not able to get relief from the above given treatment, within two days, then consult a doctor immediately so as to keep yourself and your baby out of any danger. Avoid sitting for a long time as it may elevate the situation. Maintain a healthy diet and follow every instruction of your doctor.