Short and Long-Term Career Goals
Planning is one of the most important things that people tend to neglect when it comes to their career. Having a sound plan for the desired career path is very essential for one to enjoy his or work. Whether you like your current job or not, if you're looking for a career change. If you're looking out for your first ever job as a freshman, you must've a plan. Of course, it may be easier said than done. But, with little time and effort, it's possible for one to lay down a suitable career path. A bit of vision for the future and discipline can help you draught and focus on your career goals, be it short-term or long-term.
Examples of Short-term Career Goals
Pompano Beach, Florida (PRWEB) October 09, 2012
Rapid Auto Loans LLC, http://www.raloan.com, today announced the opening of their new website that will allow Rapid Auto Loan customers to make title loan payments online using credit cards, debit cards or even personal checks. Rapid Auto loans leads the consumer finance market in opportunities to access their data simply and effectively 24 hours per day 7 day a week so the customers are never in the dark. In addition to the online access, customer service personnel are available Monday – Friday 9am to 5pm for live assistance with accounts. Rapid Auto Loans excels in turning cars into cash by allowing consumers to borrow on their cars.
Rapid Auto Loans recognizes that “trust” is the most important factor when it comes to this kind of a transaction. Rapid Auto Loans was first created to provide customers with an honest and transparent way to get extra money when they need it we have reviews to prove our commitment. Check out what current Rapid customers have to say on Yahoo Reviews. Rapid takes pride in these reviews, what it means for their title loan customers, and also what it says about their business.
Thousands of customers have trusted Rapid Auto loans over the years and when looking for a consumer finance loan using your car as collateral. Come visit the Rapid Auto Loans website and see what they have to offer.
Short-term goals are something that you want to keep doing on a regular basis or something you want achieve in the next few weeks, months. Years. Well, it's quite a subjective term as people have their own understanding about short-term goals, which are subject to the nature of one’s job and career aspirations. But generally, anything that you want to achieve on a regular basis or within two to three years period can be considered as a short-term goal. Some of the examples are as following:
- Improving one’s current business skills by taking out an hour on a daily basis.
- Aiming at handling new responsibilities and fulfilling them within speculated time frame.
- Keeping the work place clean, neat. Tidy everyday.
- Completing the tasks at least one day before the deadline.
- Never taking work and office tensions at home.
- Balancing the work and personal life efficiently.
- Never to keep work pending for the next day or next week.
- Taking up training sessions or joining hobby classes after or before office hours.
- Keeping one self updated with latest information and development in the field of work.
- Working on skills and educational qualifications required for higher or desired profiles.
- Enjoying the current job and giving one’s best to the current job.
- Keeping an eye on new career opportunities and developing the required skills.
These were some of the generic short-term goals that one can have depending on the nature of the job. For example, a short-term goal for a writer could be, finishing seven articles within a week. Improving language and grammar skills by studying it for half an hour every day, etc. Similarly, a short-term goal for a functional consultant could be to meet the clients and work on their problems in a month’s time or take up foreign language classes to deal with clients from other countries, etc.
INGLEWOOD, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--InterDent Service Corporation (InterDent), one of the nation’s leading Dental Support Organizations (DSO),todayannounced the appointment of Marshal Salomon as the company’s Chief Executive Officer and member of the Board of Directors.
“We’re very pleased and excited to have Marshal join InterDent. His track record of leading multi-site healthcare organizations combined with his character and his real passion for excellence make him uniquely qualified to lead InterDent,” said InterDent Board Member and H.I.G. Capital Managing Director, Alok Sanghvi. InterDent is a provider of non-clinical services to independent dental group practices, supporting 202 locations under such brands as Gentle Dental, Smile Keepers and Dedicated Dental.
Marshal was previously the Chief Operating Officer of Vantage Oncology, which provides high quality, community-based cancer care through 50 treatment facilities in 13 states in conjunction with more than 200 physician partners and affiliates. Marshal co-founded the company in 2002 with a mission to address the growing need among cancer patients, hospitals and physicians for accessible and advanced cancer treatments. As COO, he oversaw Vantage’s nationwide network and was instrumental to...
Examples of Long-term Career Goals
Long-term goals are again very subjective to the nature of the work of an individual but they generally involve certain drastic and major changes in the career, such as job change, second career, starting a business, etc. To achieve long-term goals, a person needs to be patient, hardworking. Dedicated. Many people refer to long-term career goals as something that they want to achieve over a four to five years’. Span. Given below are some of the examples of the same.
- Aiming to achieve the highest position in the company. Say, becoming a CEO, HOD, Dean. The manager of the company or the institute.
- Switching to a new job at a higher profile or to a profile that's completely different from the current profile. For example, a writer could aim to become an instructional designer after five years.
- Converting the hobby into a business or a career. For example, a person interested in baking can plan to start his own cake shop after few years while currently working with a local restaurant or a hotel.
- Retiring early is also a long-term career goal for many. A person may plan a second career or make enough savings with the current job that'd allow him to retire early.
- Having a private business and providing a consultancy to other companies is also one of the good long-term career goal examples.
Many people don't know what they really want to do as in career wise and that's why they can't really plan out their career goals. But even then having a temporary and flexible career plan is mandatory in order to find what you're really passionate about. For those who are clueless about their career path and career goals it's suggested to analyse your current job profiles, current lifestyle, likes and dislikes and then choose a career accordingly. So set your career goals right away and taste success whenever you want.